Monday, January 12, 2009

You and dirty got ties for different reasons...

i'm having a dilemma (no, no... not dilemma like nelly and kelly BTW... but why did i think dilemma was spelled with an "n" in there?), but a real puzzler as to what I should do and should not do.

i like to think that i have the ability to obtain my goals- to make up my mind that i'm going to do something and then do it- self discipline they call it. Other times I get distracted by shiny pretty things and all self control is forgotten.

Now... after I've built this dilemma up to be much more than I'm sure most will think it is, I have to tell you that I wrestle with it. (this just in- I just read a blog post from suffix.abuse that has now thrown another ratchet into my dilemma.)

So- I've built the suspense up enough, huh?
Let's lay it all out on the table.

Dilemma Object 1: Stuff

Dilemma Object 2: Guilliotine Stack Paper Cutter

Dilemma Object 3: Gocco Printer

** I think I've already talked myself out of the Gocco. I can set up a conventional screen printing screen if I really feel like this is a path I should pursue. **

So that leaves us with #1 and #2. I'm debating on if I save all the money from this year's jobs to buy myself #2. Or do I continue on with my ways, spend the Paypal money that accumulates on a need-to-purchase basis... need-to-purchase being things that are just lovely and i covet.

I cannot decide. Call it a conundrum. A pickle. A bind. Whatever constricting synonym you want to use. I can't decide. I need help. Help me decide. Please. I listen to other people.

so until then

East Coast, I know you're shakin' right
Down South, I know you're bouncin' right
West Coast, I know you're walkin' right
(Cause you don't know what you mean to me)
Midwest, I see you swingin' right

3 comments:

Melissa said...

well...if you buy yourself nice things...you'll still need to eventually buy that nice paper cutter right? so you could buy the paper cutter now...make even more money..then buy even more nice things for yourself.. yes.. no? hehe i want a gocco sooo bad... i want to be able to screen print fabric...do you know of a tutorial to do that?
good luck with your very tough decision.

k said...

oh paper cutter for sure. that thing looks AMAZING.

Artsy Fartsy said...

I vote paper cutter, too! The more things you make with the paper cutter, the more cute things on Etsy you can buy.

Who knew paper cutters were so expensive? Sheesh - I'm sticking to shoes. :)