Monday, September 8, 2008

I Wish I Wish I Wish

One full day 12am to 12am... to just sit down- no interruptions- no housework- music going to get in "the zone"-

to just work.

i haven't done this since college. i can remember sitting in the computer lab on sunday afternoons when i worked (when no one came in) and just buckling down. i was able to get in and get out before the 9pm crammers came in begging for seat.

i need that right now to empty out my head. everything is swishing around in there and clogging up the creative holes so that nothing else comes up.

*fingers crossed it's a 7:30 bedtime tonite! hubz has soccer at 10, so i'd have the house to myself for almost 4 hours... please please please!*

on the agenda...

• one last design for the Willett notecards
• print, fold and cut promos due at the end of the week! oy...
• moving cards (as seen below)
• holiday holiday holiday

4 hours... make it work!
i think i might take a day or two off work to make this happen... how do the rest of you do it?!

2 comments:

stelie + co. said...

I know what you mean. I usually get an hour here an hour or two there. Otherwise, it's a lot of late nights, but no matter how late I work, my kids still wake me up by 5:30am.

My saving grace is when my parents take the kids for a whole day! I have the house to myself and I stay in my office the entire time and am amazed at how much I accomplish in 5 or 6 straight hours!

Good luck, I hope you get those 4 hours. The key is to do whatever it takes to make it work.

A said...

I've tried everything. I can't keep a schedule unless there's a paycheck and deadline involved. The rest has to rotate tasks, house one day, kids the next, garden to follow. It's an insane life we try to live! You'll manage to make it work.