Friday, September 19, 2008

Creative 365


i shyed away from this challenge mainly because i knew i just couldn't do it. i knew the time it would involve on my part wasn't there to expend. but.

i reminded myself that there isn't a prize at the end. there isn't recognition. all there is the satisfaction of completing a task and having some fantastic pieces to show for it. and that's enough for me. so i'm going for it.

starting monday... september 22, 2208 i'm going to start a creative 365. it might mean i finish october 4, 2009, but there's nothing wrong with that. i'm making my own rules to this game and my rules are that there must be 365 creative days. that's it. oh and i have to finish before december 31, 2009.

feel free to join me. i'll be posting my work on my flickr site and i'll create a group if there is enough interest. i most likely won't post everyday, but i'll definitely post what i'm working on- be it design work, sewing, drawing, photography. i'll also be posting work i'm really excited about here. otherwise, after normal postings, i'll just post a link back to my flickr as to what i've been up to and what i've been making in the form of a "day x" link after my post.

i thought about making it a craft 365 or a photo 365, but i knew in limiting myself into one genre i was setting myself up for failure, i have to keep it broad if i want it to work for me and if i want to get the most out of this exercise. my interests far exceed just design or photography. i have many pieces sitting around, waiting to be finished up and this will be the perfect opportunity.

monday is a short day. we're taking nugget to the brown county fair parade, a quick stroll thru the fair itself and then back home. it's going to be a loooong day. as for the weekend: the hubs has poker at our house tonite, UC v Miami football game (Go Frank!) and i might do some shopping with mom after she finishes up golf.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best thing about self challenges is that you can change the rules when you need to!

RYC: I'm glad you understand my frustrations. Sometimes we all need a little outside voice to tell us it's going to be just fine. Thanks for that.

Lavender Lily said...

hi there! i passed on a blog award to you today, so check out my latest post and pass it on to a blog you love, too!