Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 Recap

These "looking back on the year" posts are all the rage about this time of year... and after the year I've had, I'm more than happy to give my run down of 2009 and get all mushy with you guys.

This year, Five Dot truly became a "family business" in the sense that its success caused many "come to order" meetings and discussions on next steps and future investments. The hubs usually flies under the radar when it comes to the business, but believe you me, he's there every step. I'm so lucky that the hubs has truly embraced the idea of my own business- throwing my name around his office, talking me up to friends and family and networking on my behalf when I'm not available. No business can truly grow and thrive without total support, encouragement and at times- involvement- of the family. He's been my paper cutter, bow tie-er, folder, PR rep, sounding board and best of all- biggest fan. He's endured nites at home by himself when I've been out mingling and meeting and constant talk about wedding this and wedding that, paper, envelopes (blah blah blah)... all in total support and understanding. He's always been on board with me, but even more this year- we worked hard toward the same goal and we will continue to work even harder next year to surpass the goal WE, yes we, set for Five Dot.

I've worked with amazing clients this year and with each new client I'm inspired all over again. I've had a great mix of families, brides and professionals this year and I thank all of you for encouraging me to continue this journey. Thank you for seeing and trusting my creative vision. You are the reason I do this and for that I am forever grateful that you chose me to represent you to all your friends, family and clients.

This town is filled to the brim with amazing talent and I've met so many of those faces in the past few months. I hope to continue to see you more and more and possibly get to work with you in the near future. I wish you, my clients and colleagues, enormous success.

My extended family and friends have been fantastic supporters of my endeavors as well- so a big thank you goes out to them! Word of mouth is a small business' BEST form of advertisement- and usually, the only way they have to get their name out into the world. Having a secondary circle outside of your home-dwelling family that recognizes what you do, what you're capable of and shows faith in your talents and abilities has proven to be invaluable to the growth of Five Dot. So to all my friends that have not only asked me to do work for them, but have passed my name around their circle of friends and family- thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You're fantastic.

I'm extremely lucky to have a handful of great friends that have proven to be fantastic sounding boards, idea generators and game planners. It's one thing when your family supports you, but it's a whole new ball game when your friends get behind you and really push you to succeed... and most, if not all, do it out of the kindness of their heart- never asking for a thing in return. I appreciate you lending your advice, talents and knowledge to me and hope that you continue to do so. I know they want me to succeed. They want me to break the mold. They continue to encourage and offer up ideas to make me and my business go further. That, in itself, is humbling and I thank you- one day I'll find a way to return that favor.

2009 has opened many many doors to 2010, so to that I pop my cork to the new year and wish all of you continued success on your journey- professional and personal. I hope that our paths continue to cross in the new year and I look forward to more collaborations with other artists/designers that lend compliment to what I do here at Five Dot. I'm going full force into the new year and not stopping to look back- I just hope those people that were with me this year continue to be with me in 2010... and make a little room for new people along the way.

Happy 2009 and here's to 2010!

2 comments:

Katie in Colors said...

Well said...can't wait to see where Five Dot goes in 2010!!!

Anonymous said...

yay! loved reading this and can't wait to see what 2010 brings you!! xo