Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Inspriation Board :: Letterpress

Letterpress Inspiration Board 8.13.09

click on the image to be directed to links for each image.

I have to admit that I'm a sucker for type locked up in a chase-there's such a simplistic beauty about it. Letterpress is such a great test of one's knowledge of typography and design aesthetics... kerning using slivers of metal, placing each letter one at a time... and then crossing your fingers that your lock up holds tight when you go to put it on press. My little letterpress has been on my mind a lot lately, so i couldn't resist pulling some images from flickr to create an inspiration board.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY -- I'm famous!!! Thanks for using my little business card!

Anonymous said...

oh, so pretty inspiration board! especially love 8, 11, + 12.