Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Way behind

I'm so behind on so many things, but we had a very important and big event this month that consumed all of us for the better part of the month: a first birthday. We celebrated until we could celebrate no more. I spent more on cake mix in the last two months than I have in the past 28 years and i used my oven more times this month than I have since we moved in.



On top of that, I've been helping with the paper goods for my cousin's baby shower (a baby is blooming!), helping to organize my 10 year High School reunion (where and HOW do you people hide so well!) and I've been fortunate to have a few awesome bridal clients come my way (um, hello- LEMONADE STAND at the RECEPTION?! and caramel apples as favors- i LOVE IT abbey!). So needless to say I've been keeping up with my oldies but goodies design pieces, which is a great pat-on-the-back because it shows me I'm doing something right- doing something I love and someone else appreciates as well.

I'm behind on my new venture for Five Dot, but my vision for the line is become much more clear. I have the phases mapped out fairly well and I'm excited to dive head first into all the components. It's a bit difficult designing for multiple elements when you don't even know what all of those components will consist of, but it's a trial by fire process that I'm happy to jump feet first into.

Here is my latest finished piece
Amanda Greenwell business card photo proof

i love how this business card came out and I'm so happy Amanda was able to make time to photograph Little Miss in exchange. She did such a beautiful job and we're so excited to order prints. (Those are two of her shots up there at the top of the post).

This weekend we're headed up to my old stomping grounds (Miamisburg) for a semi-staycation. It's definitely needed!

No comments: