Monday, December 1, 2008

Don't be Tardy for the Party

i have no idea where in my life i was before now. i have no idea what my last post was about (if about anything) and i have no idea what i promised before now (but i DO know i didn't promise to loan you money, babysit or tell you all the deep-dark secrets that i know.) so i'm just going to pick up where i think i left off.

*disclaimer* i cannot vouch for the order in which these events happen as i have been lucky to match my shoes each morning. our household was hit with the nasty cold running ramped thru the city and it took 2 of us OOC for a good solid 5 days. there is a good chance i may even go backwards in my happenings because that's really the best way my mind thinks.



let's start with black friday.
i hate it.
every bit of the 5 foot nothing me hates large crowds of elbows, forearms and big purses. angry, crabby shoppers that awoke WAY too early to save a few bucks make the experience even worse. i have considered teaching nugget the phrase "scuze me" so that she can ride in the stroller and scream it at the top of her lungs while her mother pushes her about pretending to be embarrassed and apologetic only to be secretly high-fiving her and promising her a pony on her tenth birthday. i would LOVE to teach her to just yell "move," but that might be taking it a bit far.
however.
we venture out every year to meet the hubs family for lunch and then to hit the mall to see what kind of deals there are to be had. only once did we get up before the birds to go to home depot to get a shop vac and a cordless drill. the cordless drill is a god-send and i want one in pink. the shop vac is somewhere in the house smelling of mildew and disgustingness.
this year the deal was in the books. some genius decided to pull all their bargain books, overstock and whatever else was collecting dust in their warehouse, price them under $10 and put it in one spot. (my company is doing this as well, but i don't know that we publish "popular" books... but i could be wrong). all in all, we spent almost $80 and got some great stuff, including this this little number that i've been eyeballing like the last brownie. we also scored a ginormous copy of the little engine that could (i would guess close to 3 feet tall) that retails for $85 for a cool $19.99. i picked up bill cosby's book and a few other fun ones for nugget to add to her collection. they had madonna's 3 bookset there, but she's been acting questionable lately and cannot justify shelling out $10 to a 50 year old woman desperately grasping at her youth by wearing leotards and sharing "spiritual" connections with married athletes.
there.
i said it.
we knocked out a few christmas gifts for the kids, found a few more things for the nugget and headed for home... only to get ready to head back out to my hometown (m-town!) to go to my aunt's house for a little post-shopping dinner and drinks. i handed nugget off, got me some wine and all was good. nugget was also one wind machine and 2 outfit changes short of a photoshoot with all the flashes going off. she's a ham and it warms my heart. wonder where she gets it from... somewhere in the nite there was a family member tally (i think we came up with 47 grandkids) and another nugget (not from this girl!) coming out to play around june.

that's it for now. i'll sprinkle posts of my whereabout for the past few weeks through out this week so that we can all get caught back up and on the same page. i'll just leave you with some baby feet. because everybody loves baby feet



P.S. anyone else watch Housewives of Atlanta on Bravo? i'm DYING to voice my *ahem* opinion on a few matters.

3 comments:

Amber @ RuffleButts said...

You are cracking me up!!! And yes, I hate to admit it, but my husband and I are both hooked on the drama on HW Atlanta!

Also, I have to thank you for your fabulous advice over at the RuffleBlog...I am implementing my new "Response Required" folder today. I think that will help drastically!

Hope you and the family are feeling all better!

Amber
RuffleButts.com

Chelsea Van Tol said...

awww baby feet :)

Unknown said...

You are so welcome for the ornaments! I meant to include a note to reveal myself in the package, but I was heading out on vacation and being the scatter-brained person I am, I forgot!! It took a little research to find all of your family names, but it paid off! Happy Holidays to the Little's!