Monday, October 20, 2008

A Play date with some new friends.

It was a VERY productive weekend for me. It was virtually kid-free (which also lead us to find out that Little Miss was NOT happy about being away that long), so both the hubz and I were able to focus on a few projects uninterrupted.

Friday: Operation Oz.

Well, it's almost finished. It doesn't look all that pretty. But it's almost finished. I never realized how zippy Singers were! Man, Betsy was flying! I didn't really have an problems following the pattern, but I had a little trouble controlling the pedal (apparently I'm a lead-foot), so the stitches aren't all that pretty. It's okay. It's my first attempt at anything by myself and it could be waaay worse. I had to rip the stitches out of two of the sections and should be able to get that sewn up this week for her debut this weekend at a Family Halloween Party out in the country.

workin!

the strap


Saturday: Operation Oz continued

I worked until about 1am on Saturday morning, got up around 9:30, ate the yummy french toast my hubs made and then got right back to it. After sewing a bit, I decided I was tired and lounged a bit before having to go pick up the Nugget.

kinda done

Sunday: Punch it Margaret!
I finally changed into my scumming tshirt and pulled out the rubber ink. Margaret came out to play this weekend. I ran her (the lovely letterpress) on Sunday after a trip to the grocery. I had to do a lot of tinkering and a lot of readjusting, but I was able to get some ink on some paper. There is still a lot of tinkering and more adjusting to do, but it was good to get my hands dirty- er blue (the ink is still in my nails). I think I'm going to have some ornamental designs made into blocks so that I can get a few things rolling. I just wanted to get digging into the press, get my hands dirty and print. I wanted to USE my machine. It spent about an hour downstairs tightening and loosening bolts, making passes over the ink plate and the "L" locked up in the chase. It was fun. It was a nice and relaxing. Marv came down and laid on the floor next to me and only made a ruckus once (why do dogs eat their own poo? seriously!).

ready!

in motion

The "L"s have it


Monday: Wholesale

I'm super excited about the first possible wholesale account I have on the table. The glitch? I didn't have my wholesale policies or my line sheets or my catalog ready to go. Ugh. I managed to pull a quick line sheet with pricing together (which will be worked into a proper line sheet once I get the photos taken for my catalog and will no longer need to rely on my digital illustrations.) It's a daunting task to take on. Especially with a tight turn-around time!

365

On a completely different note, Jenny the Artist 2 included a picture of our old bathroom in a lovely inspiration board. Last photo, 4th row. Oh Swannies...

No comments: