Sunday, September 14, 2008

Brownie's Promos

I don't know if they made it in time for her monthly grab bag, but here they are ready to be shipped off! I had to take quick pictures at work, so they're a bit fuzzy...




I opted to for small 3Drug sized cards this time instead of the A2 cards I sent in to The Little Black Box. It was a better use of my time, material and honestly- I felt that the card was useful, but you weren't getting "the real deal"... ya know what I mean? I wasn't giving away a "full product"... just a sneak peek!

I'm trying to decide if I want to do The Little Black Box again. Do you ever get a feeling inside that says, "No. This isn't right for you." and then your mind says, "But you need to promote." If I DID do it, I would want to get into the November Box in hopes of catching the holiday crowd, but then again... I don't know. I feel like the 3Drug cards would work for that- even a pack of 5 gift tags... but then why would they need to come to the shop to buy? They have their gift tags and even if they DO need more, who is to say that they wouldn't just use those for someone they liked/hated (depending on if they liked the designs) and then go out to walmart to buy more. I don't know... I'm starting to wonder if tangible promotional pieces really work for me. Maybe I'll see how I fare this holiday season and then make my decisions for next year. Map it out on a schedule. Plan.

Today is a fun filled day of cleaning. The hubs is hosting poker next friday and our house is in need of a MAJOR overhaul. We haven't done this since nugget was born. It's not that we're messy/dirty people. It's that we live in a small cape cod with 2 giant dogs and a little one. We clean every week- the nuggets room gets THOROUGHLY cleaned every week, but when you live in small quarters there isn't much room for the dirt and dust to go but on top of what's already there. My philosophy is that in bigger houses, there are more places for the dirt to go- thus it "looks" cleaner. We are also big fans of making piles for later... and later comes and we are too busy playing catch up or we just don't have time. This has been our busiest summer yet- I've been trying to get work steadily coming in, hubs has been studying like crazy for his exams to be a registered architect (so he can design/build my next house) and we've both been trying to keep up with nugget (she's visiting grandpa and nonna today so we can clean, use cleaning products and concentrate on that). It's hard because one of us essentially loses a productive work day while watching Charlotte. It's okay though. We're getting our schedules worked out and working together and I think that's what's important. We support each other and in the goal each of us is trying to achieve, so it's a great system we have set up, I think.

I took before pictures, so if I'm brave enough to show my house in disarray, I'll show the before/after shots... and if not- just the after! If anything, I should probably show my work area... that might sting a little, but I got myself in this mess- I have to get myself out! One thing I will show in the near future is the before/after shots of the house in general. I think we've done really well with the house with what we had to work with. It's not the most glamorous house, but I'm happy with it so far!


i never pretend to understand this pooch.

1 comment:

BeanPickleSprout said...

I know how you feel about the promo thing...I have never done them but have had people send me items to include in my packages. I often wonder if it works! It never hurts to try :)