Monday, May 12, 2008

what's in your wallet?

if someone were to walk past my desk at work or even see me walking out of the building, they would probably think i'm a very busy and important girl. bags on each arm, life organizer held close so i don't lose it, PDA phone in hand in case someone oh-so-important calls... the list could go on. but let's face it. i'm not that big of a deal. i just like to have my stuff with me and i like to have my life written out and in one spot.

so what could be in all these great bags and binders i tote around? i'll give you a sneak peek...



let's start with my "chanel" bag... bought off the streets of NYC for $35 (a nice steal if you ask me... i kept insisting that i didn't have enough cash on me to buy it for $55 and $45, so he settled on $35 and i settled for going to the ATM)

1. this lovely rainbow contraption holds lovely photos of my little nugget... for when i talk to people that have yet to meet her and are suckers for baby pictures.

2. my cute little zippered bag sent to me by beanpicklesprout... it's fun floral fabric with a cute little pear sewn on the front. in here you will find an emergency soothie in case we're out and about and need one STAT :: stroller rings- these are great when shopping. hook them on the handles of your stroller, clip your bags on and walk with ease :: a little swipey from frankandme for quick clean ups :: lipsmacker- my sister in law used to work there, so i'm set til i see my great grandkids off to college and then i have another chappy that i won from noodles&co :: hand sanitizer :: stain remover pen :: glasses repair tube :: broken keyless entry for work :: office depot discount card :: nugget's hair clip from shopmayapapaya

3. sketchbook for my brilliant ideas!

4. hello kitty pencil bag holds the overflow of my pen/pencil/ sharpie collection. i'm am a self-admitted pen/pencil/writing utensil junkie. i love anything that writes. when i would wait for my mom after school, i used to walk the halls and collect the pens and pencils that were lost by others on the floor. i always found some great stuff. i'm also a paper tablet hoarder. i love pads of paper- good thing i create stationery.

5. reusable target bag for quick shopping trips or an extra bag to carry my treasures home

6. martha stewert wedding magazine. it said it was the collector's edition of the 270 favorite things and i like to keep up with the wedding trends

7. iPod and vera bag holding all my cables and attachments

8. coach wallet holding business cards (so i can look snazzy when i pull them out!)

9. gap polka dot umbrella

10. odds and ends pocket and another pocket of pens :-)

11. keys

12. deep down in there is a wireless iPod player for the car, vera wallet and my monkey change purse

next up: my modern day trapper keeper. let me first explain its purpose and place in my heart. i used to carry around loose papers, file folders, client files, invoices, et and i would constantly have to stack and restack to find 1 thing. so, when watching all the back to school ads, they advertised the mead fivestar ***** binder and i fell in love. we now have as follows



1. my secret little pocket with my etsy research in there...





2. tab 1 :: my planner (with a fun oversized paperclip from buttonboutique). i'm constantly revamping my planner until i find something i'm happy with, but for now, this is my version of organized chaos. for awhile i relied on my phone to keep track of my life, but missed actually writing stuff down. i have a photographic memory and i could always see my planner in my head when planning weekends and dinners and such so i knew right away if i was busy. with the phone, i can't see the big picture and would miss appointments, be late or find out last minute- i hated it. in high school, i used to color coordinate but that was when i had time to do stuff like that.

3. tab 2: lists. i love lists. i love writing lists, making lists, making up lists- i love everything about lists. and i wish i used this tab. i have notebooks everywhere with notes and lists in them, but i've never ever consolidated them into one spot and this tab is no exception.

4. tab 3: grocery and a secret list. i always found myself going to the grocery, clipping my coupons and constantly forgetting what the coupons were for or how many i had to buy... so i made my own grocery list. i'm still refining it for my etsy shop, but i've been using it for over a year now and i love it. i take along one of my mini file folders (that will be making an appearance in my shop as well) to hold all my beloved coupons and all i have to do is pull the coupons out at the check out. it saves me from buying too many or too few and from stopping in the middle of the aisle to read my stupid coupon.

5. extra tabs for extra stuff.

6. notepad. i had high hopes for this notepad and i will one day find its calling, but for now it remains blank.

7. clear sleeves for reference information... mailable sizes, dimensions of cards and their envelopes, print costs, the chip charts for the paper i use the most (you would be surprised by how many people talk stationery when you least expect it and how much more eager they become about purchasing when they get to look at chip charts!)



8. business card holders. these are either vendors i like, use or just plain want to remember. a lot of them came from the stationery show last year (btw- good luck to those vendors going this year!) and some are just contacts from the wedding industry.

9. finally, my lone file folder of papers waiting to be disbursed out into the binder! a good chunk of it is business related- ideas, research, etc so it will probably need it's own tab here...hmmm something to do today...

so there's a look into my very important belongings. you now know that i only like to make myself THINK i'm important with all my stuff, but i must say that when i'm sitting at work and an idea pops in my head or i remember something- i have everything i need either in my bag or my binder and thoughts don't get lost!

No comments: