Tuesday, May 27, 2008

long weekends never mean productivity

long weekends usually equal super busy for us or super productive. this weekend was super busy. poor little nugget was partied out by the time she got to her 3rd party of the weekend and being the wonderful mother i am, i managed to allow her to get her first sun tan... yes, at 9 weeks. poor little thing... we stripped her down to naked baby and let her hang out on the couch last nite with us. i think she was just completely over being somewhere other than home and being passed around like a hot potato to different people... so she was exhausted, hot and cranky after everyone left. my poor parents- she just cried and cried and cried until we left. poor little fried chicken nugget.


we also took the pups up to my parents to run. the hubz said he's never seen marv run so fast- fat boy has some speed! it was a bit muggy (another reason nugget was uncomfortable) so they took two laps around the neighbor's house, a short romp session with buttercup, the neighbor's lab and they were done for the day. this is their usual riding fashion- matilda looking out the back window for motorcycles and marv laying on the ground trying to figure out why he's in a moving vehicle.



i also received this FABULOUS thank you package from K is for Calligraphy for the give away grab bag i sent out for taking my survey. it just makes me want to design something just for calligraphy so i can have her write it out for me! i'm a little miffed at myself because i completely destroyed the envelope.



i was holding nugget and trying to open it at the same time with only one hand (i was just so excited!!!), however, i managed to at least save it to the point of relative recognition. perfect lesson in "patience is a virtue." here are the goodies inside!



i had to take the photos out on the front porch because the orange i chose for our living room always does a number on the color in my photos. i kinda like it! maybe i'll test taking product photos out there when i'm up and running...which i hope is soon.

since i've already touched on it, i'll throw out a few thoughts on the re-open. i really want to get in there before schools start back. my mind is swirling with ideas and i've managed to get some into illustrator. i've just had another idea pop in my mind as i'm sitting here and i'm hoping it doesn't go into hiding by the time i can get in there and flush it out. i'm also watching my business account dwindle because i'm still paying for my website to be up and running (yet, haven't redone the layout and such yet- that comes after the etsy shop designs unfortunately).

more and more posts on the NSS are popping up in blogs and it's really motivating me to get my ass in gear. i must say, though, that i'm a bit disappointed that alot of the blogs are featuring the same booths... and the bigger name booths that many know about and already love. i guess i'm really interested in the newbie- smaller companies and such, but hey- picky post readers should get their ass to the stationery show then, huh? so, i can't complain for everyone being generous and sharing the information they've collected!

so my blog calendar says i should be writing about architecture today. i'm not in the mood, i guess. or maybe i am and i'm not sure what my thought process was when i wrote that down. i think it's because of all this housing talk in the media and amongst renting friends that had me scouring the real estate pages to see what was available. we don't HAVE to move, but if we find something amazing, we can definitely consider it. at times i thought my calling was to be a space planner (and in some ways i still do think that) because i walk into houses and automatically i knock down walls, rearrange furniture and paint walls in my head. why i don't apply this whole concept to my own house, i'm not sure. i think when it comes to my own stuff i blank. but, i must say i've opened up my house to color this past year. i don't think i really knew what i wanted when we moved in, but it's pretty defined now... well at least for the time being.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound just like me! We just bought a house a few months ago, and I think I know what I want, but sometimes I see something different, and I want that too! I guess we can't have it all can we? Hehee... sounds like you had a great weekend hun, and what a treat to get such a pretty package in the mail!