Monday, April 7, 2008

getting used to this "mommy" thing

i'm attempting to write this with a 6lb lump of sleepiness on my right arm, so hopefully i can finish before nite-fall. poor little thing gets bubbles in the tummy after she eats and gets burped (and can this girl burp!), so she tends to like to lay on my shoulder so i can pat or rub her back when the bubbles start.
unfortunately i haven't been able to do as much work as i wished to do before charlotte popped up. i'm painfully behind on my shower thank you notes (yikes- sorry family/friends that read this!) and- as usual- my house is still a construction zone. BUT, hubz painted the bathroom this weekend and I LOVE IT! it's a mustardy/marigold color. i've managed to get a list compiled of shops in the stationery biz that i would like research for my reopening, but that's about as far as i've gotten. i'm thinking i probably won't be able to open again until the holiday sales start up... i have a feeling i'm going to have to use the summer/early fall to build my new designs and put all my research to use... probably best because i know i have one wedding coming up.
the survey (Click Here to take survey) is going pretty well. i would love to get about 25 more people to take it, but i haven't had time to bump my thread in the forums lately. i did get one comment that honestly upset me a bit. the person said i was getting "caught up in all this box stuff". the way i look at it is that paper is my product. and no one enjoys a card that looks like it's been thru the ringer- especially if they still need to give that card to someone else. i have to do everything i can to ensure that my product arrives as intended- un-creased, un-smudged and as perfect as possible. so, maybe to some i AM over-thinking "all this box stuff" but i would rather over think it than under think it and, really, i think as a stationery designer i have to look at all possible ways to deliver my product.
alright, my lump has rendered my right arm un-usable so more to come later... hopefully before i go back to work!

No comments: