Sunday, March 9, 2008

an actual product shot!



these last few days have been somewhat of a bust in terms of getting anything outside of the house done. we had the "blizzard of 2008" (so they say) here in cincy, so that meant that i didn't leave the house after noon on friday until this afternoon around noon. that's a whole lotta time cooped up in a construction house with two antsy dogs wanting to play in the snow, but not wanting the snow to touch their warm little noses. however, the construction zone is 50% done (the hubz just finished tiling the shower as i type!! yay! he's done such great work!). the picture above is of the pups trying to figure out what this white cold stuff is on their beloved deck.


a picture of my pretty little car covered nose to tail in white powder!

however- i WAS productive when it came to a few things... i'm thisclose to finishing up a promo request that i need to send out this week. i have 3 of the babysitter notes packaged and ready, i just need to cut down 1 more sheet and package that and then i have 1 more sheet of a tablet to cut down and then package both sets (after perfing and hole-punching.) sure they take a little time, but what else was i going to do cooped up in here?

i also finished my shower thank you notes which i decided would be great additions to my shop after maternity leave... here's a sneak peek...



my product shots and sneak peeks will probably be far and in between for awhile because i'm focusing more on the admin/business side of things to get myself in order for when i reopen. i made a spreadsheet that helps me figure out exactly how much i should charge per card, wholesale pricing and set pricing so that when i go to list, no more guessing! i know i'm on the higher (in some people's opinion at least) end of cards, but i'm confident in my pricing. i put a lot of time into perfecting designs, i handcut, score and assemble all my cards and i have goals for this business. i'm not ready to divulge those goals just yet ;-) but i know one does include to stay true to my belief that my time is valuable, this is a business and not just something to pass the time and that there is an audience/customer for my product.
i have a lot of plans for the next few months to get me in the business sense of stationery. oddly, my dream is not to have my own B&M shop, but it is my dream to have my own detached studio from my home. i think that if i really pay attention to my work, my creativity and my finances that i can make this work for me. i know it will take time and i'm okay with that... i have plenty of time to work at this. so, for now i research, read, plan and create!

No comments: