Thursday, January 24, 2008

sick day

so even though today has been a sick day for me, i didn't allow it to become an unproductive day. i'm perfectly capable of getting myself in order even though i feel queezy. below is my second project (more on my first project in a few).



these will then be tied to the new paper towers i put together last weekend for easy searching and finding of all the lovely paper i have acquired. i'm going to go down and attach these in a few- after i rest for a bit. the pups and i have been pretty lazy today- lots of napping for marvin and lazy stares out the window for matilda. for me? letterpress hunting.
i've found a new obsession with finding myself a letterpress. after letting the last one slip thru my fingers (i had just found out we were expecting Kid Little and i thought i should save my pennies for things like diapers and furniture- ya know, responsible things.) well now i really really want one. i mean really really really want one. so now i must show my virtue of patience and, like when trying to find "mr. right", be patient and let fate work it's magic. it WILL find me one day and i WILL find it- i just have to be patient.
so my first "project" was to go pay my shop rent. i had completely forgotten about it and figured, though not feeling well at all, i needed to see if i had any december sales so i could finalize tax stuff, count inventory for taxes and pay my final rent payment. so i walk in to find that the vendor next to me had painted my space a dull khaki color. yuck. i had this awesome green up and it was just painted over. now, mind you, i have not been happy with this little business venture i got myself into and this just made matters worse. surprisingly the owner was there for once and i made my disapproval and disappointment known to her. so what did she say to me? "i know you've been unhappy, so if you want to take your shop down today, that's okay with me" *insert singing choir here* BEST NEWS EVER. i told her i was picking up my february rent check on my way out and that i appreciated her letting me leave. a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and i feel like now i can only move forward with things.
my bride from the previous post loved her invitations and i'm now working on her thank you notes. i'm pretty excited- she seems very pleased with everything!
so now, i go into planning mode. what's my next move? do i advertise? where do i advertise? do i send out samples to local stationery shops to see if they will place a wholesale order or put my items up on consignment? i really really want to weigh options this time before jumping in and i really believe i'll be smarter this time... well, let's hope anyway.
for photos of the studio space to come!

No comments: