Monday, January 28, 2008

organize me silly!

I FINALLY got the pictures "edited" from my studio space... It feels great to know everything is in place, everything is inventoried (down to the last 3 drug envelope and bag) and I can now work a little more efficiently. Checkitout!







I'm struggling a bit on the creative juice side- mainly do to lack of sleep- I believe. Comfort is not much of an option these days... I usually get pinged with at least one thing a week, however I have tested out a few designs and found that they DON'T work.

I designed a grocery list that broke items down by category... Well I went to make our grocery list with it last nite and found it completely inefficient and hard to use- lots of wasted space and no place for my coupons! I love my coupons! The coupon shopping list will be showing up shortly in my etsy shop... Just a few more tweeks are needed. If you're like me, you use coupons and you're quite fanatical about them... I save at least $40 when I go to the grocery between coupons and in-store sales so I usually have a TON with me. I devised a list that allows you to list the coupon you have for a particular item so that you don't have to keep sorting thru your pack to see the offer- it's worked GREAT for me in the past coupled months or so. I'm pretty syked on it.

I've also found myself wanting to redesign a lot of the things I designed a year ago for my vendor shop. I threw a lot of things together last minute to be ready and I'm just not happy with them. Some I'm okay with- I haven't decided if I want to place them in a sale listing on etsy to just clear the inventory or if I want to just put them on etsy to see how they do- either way I have to take photos first, so we'll see. I do know that i'm going to make a pack of 8 of two of my thank you cards available- that one just hit me the other day (there are times I'm a bit slow, yes). I might even do a little mix'n'match deal where you get a big "grab bag" of cards for such'n'such price, but I hate to already have a sale when I've just opened my shop... Maybe a question for the forums...

so saturday i went to my first "hobby nite" with my etsy street team. i'm not sure how i feel about it... except that i know i am completely different than most people in that group (aside from being the youngest in the group) which is great for diversity, but a little overwhelming all the same. unfortunately i can't make it the next 2 months, so maybe once spring hits the air i'll sing a different tune.

i think that's all i have the energy for today... maybe i'll get a second wind tonite ;-)

1 comment:

Sandra Williams said...

Love the studio pics..I love to see where and how other people craft!!

I am fanatic about clipping coupons too. Can't wait to see your coupon list!!