Saturday, August 30, 2008

JCasa and her kidlet


Earlier this week I received my winnings from JCasa and I have to admit I was super excited. For whatever reason I didn't realize that I would actually have to sew this gem, so taking it out of the envelope is about as far as I got... for now.

at first i was like, "oh it's just wrapped up nicely for shipping." and then i saw the pin.


i can do this. i begin sewing lessons on tuesday, so this will be the first project i will do on my own. until then... a few more photos of the unfinished project. i love the fabric she chose.





i'm really excited to start my sewing lessons. i've wanted a sewing machine for so long- i always seem to have ideas for clothing pieces but no means to an end. it never seemed logical to "commission" pieces that i could easily learn how to make myself. i'm even more excited to learn how to sew so that i can make clothes for charlotte. you always hear people talk about how they had learned to sew from their mother/grandmother that had sewn clothes for them when they were little. to me, it's a great skill to have in your pocket. not only will i be able to now create my own clothing pieces, but i can also begin to incorporate sewing into my stationery. i've seen this done many different ways (even designed pieces for someone else to sew), but i have ideas that i think would really be interesting mixes of the two.

hopefully after the weekend i'll have some more exciting news to share! until then- have a great long weekend!

1 comment:

Lavender Lily said...

i can't wait to see your first sewing project! i loved my sewing class and don't know if i can wait till christmas for my sewing machine...i've got the fever...ha!